For me, there is nothing like having my very own draft beer dispenser in my man cave. I’ve owned a single tap kegerator for a quite a few years now and it has been one of the best (and most popular) purchases I have made. Also, by purchasing draft beer by the keg I’ve saved a lot of money and have been able to offer some of the best local craft beers to my friends when they come over for the big game.
After a while I grew tired of having one draft beer choice and started to look into double tap kegerators. Before I made my purchase I did a lot of research. I found that there aren’t a ton of dual tap dispensers on the market to choose from, but I’ve put together what I’ve found below. Let’s take a look at what I think are the best two tap kegerator models on the market right now.
EdgeStar Dual Tap Kegerator – Black Version
— My #1 Recommendation —
The EdgeStar Full Size Two Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser is the one that I purchased for my home and it is safe to say that I have been more than happy with this purchase.
First of all, the important stuff. It comes with all the essentials of a commercial draft beer dispenser that you would expect: handles, hoses, tower, and faucets. Everything you need to get up and running.
Secondly, one thing that really stood out for me was the build quality. Right from the start when I pulled it out of the packaging, everything screamed quality. Nothing felt cheap. I was especially pleased to find out it was is made in the U.S. and approved by the National Sanitation Foundation.
Features of the EdgeStar 2 Tap Kegerator
- Capable of storing a half shell, full-sized Sankey standard keg.
- Can accommodate 2/6 standard two homebrewed cornelius kegs.
- Comes with an aluminum CO2 cylinder.
- Equipped with a beer tower made of chrome.
- Easy-to-follow instructions for installation.
- Comes with a protective floor plate.
- Pressure gauge is easy to read.
- Equipped with rolling casters for greater mobility.
- Beer tower, handles, faucets, and hoses all have NSF approval.
- All components are made in the U.S.
- Weight: 81.6 pounds.
- Dimensions: 48.5” (height) by 20.1” (width) by 24.8” (depth).
- Wattage: 105.
- Amps: 1.5.
Pros of the EdgeStar Draft Beer Dispenser
- Easy assembly and set-up.
- Precise and consistent temperature.
- With adjustable shelves.
- Visually attractive.
- Quiet motor operation.
Cons of the EdgeStar Draft Beer Dispenser
- Not all keg sizes can be accommodated by this model.
Should You Buy the EdgeStar Kegerator?
One thing I should point out is the overwhelmingly favorable reviews for this kegerator on online. This should be reason enough to make you get one, but the second reason is how much I’ve enjoyed this kegerator. It has been a lot of fun to use and done the job exactly as it should. I’ve been very happy with it and think the EdgeStar Dual Tap Kegerator is exceptional value for your money.
EdgeStar Dual Tap Kegerator – Stainless Steel
Extreme durability may be just the word to describe the EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser. The combination of a less costly imported refrigerator designed with NSFT-approved commercial beer lines and U.S.-made handles, hoses, tower, and faucets make this dual kegerator the most suitable beer dispenser for any home or restaurant.
Although it does not provide accommodation for Miller rubberized, Coors, and other oversized kegs, the EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser can store a half shell, full-sized Sankey standard keg to provide the sufficient amount of cold and refreshing draft beer for a large number of your guests. Take a look at some of its other features:
- Equipped with a reversible door.
- Can easily be converted to become a kegerator.
- Storage capacity for two sixth kegs or a half shell, full sized Sankey standard keg.
- Includes a five pound CO2 cylinder made of aluminum (supplied empty upon purchase).
- Easy assembly for those unfamiliar with draft beer using a home system.
- Roller casters make mobility easy.
- This dual tap kegerator can accommodate two sixth standard-sized barrels or two homebrewed (cornelius) kegs but require an additional pin lock connector or ball.
- Does not provide support for Miller rubberized, Coors or other kegs that are oversized.
- Convertible to a regular refrigerator.
- One of the coldest models of kegerators in the market because of its ability to reach temperatures (30 degrees).
- Weight: 81.6 pounds.
- Wattage: 105.
- Dimensions: 48.5” (height) by 20.1 inches (width) by 24.8 inches (depth).
- Amps: 1.5.
- Warranty: limited to 90 days by the manufacturer.
- Materials: metal and plastic.
- Dual tap’s large tower has excellent air circulation.
- Easy to assemble and install.
- Design and stainless steel finish make it pleasing to the eye.
- Most suitable for home bar or game room.
- Easy to clean.
- Chills beer well enough.
- Roller casters make it easy to move around from house to outdoor patio.
- Tends to foam.
- Emits some noise when motor starts running.
If you look around the internet you will see that this model consistently receives good reviews. There is a lot to like about this model. Even the “cons” of foaming and some noise were not enough to dissuade customers from submitting favorable reviews for this Edgestar model.
If your choice of spirits is draft beer, the EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser is the perfect addition to your home. Considered the most affordable dispenser in its class, you won’t regret purchasing this Edgestar model for home or office break room use. Its sleek, streamlined design goes with any residential or home décor.
Nostalgia Electrics KRS-6100SS 2 Tap Kegerator
How best to describe the Nostalgia Electrics KRS-6100SS Kegorator Double Tap Beer Keg Fridge in Stainless Steel? It’s a refrigerated kegorator that is a beer dispenser which can also be used as a standard refrigerator. Two brews in one serving is probably the best feature of this Nostalgia kegerator model.
Here are the rest of its features:
- With an interior space of 6 cubic feet for use as a standard refrigerator.
- Holding capacity of keg sizes: 5.23 gallons or 1/6 keg, 7 to ¾ gallon or ¼ short barrel keg, 7 to ¾ gallon or ¼ slim barrel keg or 15 to ½ gallon or ½ barrel keg.
- Stainless steel finish adds distinctive appeal.
- With two Sankey “D” double taps.
- Purchase comes with 2½ pounds (unfilled) CO2 tank.
- With double meter regulator.
- Has a removable drip tray made of stainless steel.
- Beer tower is made of chrome and measures 13 inches.
- Equipped with an adjustable thermostat.
- Designed with a guardrail.
- Swivel casters for greater mobility.
- Top-mounted tappers are loaded with dual spring.
- Adjustable thermostat regulates interior temperature.
- Dimensions: 21.3 inches by 26.6 inches by 33.2 inches.
- Color: Silver.
- Material: stainless steel.
- Weight: 105.7 pounds.
- Visually attractive
- Sufficient range of temperature settings from 33°F to 40°F.
- Dual gauge regulator is of excellent quality.
- CO2 tank is way too small.
- Plastic top is not durable.
- Casters sometimes don’t rotate.
- Drip tray isn’t compatible with the beer tower.
In spite of the glowing features of this Nostalgia Electrics kegerator, however, customer reviews have not rated it warmly like the other Nostalgia models. Many of the cons mentioned above are what bring this model down in our opinion.
Although roughly in the same price range as other similarly-purposed kegerators, I have one primary complaint with this model: the CO2 tank is just too small. Unfortunately I can’t recommend this model until they fix some of the issues we have found.
Kegco K309SS-2 Dual Faucet Digital Kegerator
Based on numerous customer reviews, the Kegco K309SS-2 Dual Faucet Digital Kegerator is one of the most durable and stylish kegerators you will find available on the market. While this particular model has the same features of other Kegco models, its stainless steel door has digital functionality as well as a wider range of temperature range. Take a look at its features.
- Can be easily converted into a standard refrigerator with its two shelves.
- Equipped with one of the widest ranges of temperature setting on the market today from 32°F to 75°F.
- Temperature control is digital.
- Fan-forced internal fan enables temperature control to be consistent and even.
- Spacious interior can hold any full-sized keg including rubber, Coors, and Miller kegs.
- With two 5 gallon capacity for D System kegs or three 5 gallons of Cornelius homebrew.
- Removable drip tray is built-in and dishwasher safe.
- Easy to clean.
- Double faucet enables two varieties of beers to be served.
- Can be used to store wine.
- Roller casters for greater mobility.
- Adjustable shelves can hold 2-liter gallon jugs or bottles.
- New kegs get cold more quickly because of its extra chill mode.
- Allows two different beer varieties to be served.
- Stainless steel door makes it visually attractive.
- Temperature is conveniently outside the unit.
- High performance compressor can operate for 24 hours reliably.
- Drip tray makes it easy to clean the unit.
- Spacious interior doubles up as a traditional refrigerator.
- Instructions for assembly and usage are clear.
- Taps tend to get stuck and have to be taken apart after the last keg is empty.
- The optimal temperature is not indicated and the user has to figure out which thermostat setting is best.
After reviewing four two tap kegerator coolers by different manufacturers, which one is the best and which one do you buy? It can be difficult to decide if you base your decision on the overall features, pros, and cons. You should be able to justify your purchase based on which product meets most, if not all, of your needs.
If you’re mostly a wine person, you may consider buying the Kegco K309SS-2 Dual Faucet Digital Kegerator because it can also chill wines, albeit there are less expensive wine chillers than those reviewed here; these products are really for beer drinkers.
Conclusion – Which Two Tap Kegerator Should I Buy?
If I had a chance to purchase a new dual tap kegerator today, I would still go with the black EdgeStar model. It is reliable, quiet and doesn’t break the bank for a dual tap dispenser. It has performed the same as the first day I brought it home and has kept my beer cold. What else can you ask for? I even moved my beverage cooler from my man cave to make room for it.