Description: This product review presents three of the best models of Koldfront wine coolers from which you can choose the most suitable product to fit your particular needs.
Most people love to drink and explore many different wines, but most people find it overwhelming to choose a proper wine cooler. Making the right decision on the kind of wine cooler to store your wines can be challenging. You have to be aware of the kind of technology the cooler has so you can maximize its usage. Wine connoisseurs will tell you that the refrigerated type of wine cooler such as a Koldfront wine cooler is the best choice to keep the wine’s temperature at its optimal level.
If you consume wine on a regular basis and don’t want to stock up too much on one or two particular brands, you may want to consider the Koldfront 12 bottle wine cooler. If you entertain frequently and prefer to store various kinds of wines at their respective optimal temperatures, however, the Koldfront 18 bottle dual zone wine cooler would be perfect for you. Still, if you are a wine enthusiast who wants to try new wines like clockwork, the Koldfront 24 bottle dual zone wine cooler is definitely your best bet.
Koldfront 12 Bottle Wine Cooler
You don’t need a large wine cooler if your wine consumption is less than 12 bottles each month. All you need is the Koldfront 12 Bottle Wine Cooler to meet your specific needs.
- The double paned, reversible, glass door is made from thermopane glass and stainless steel materials to give your wine collection clear visibility from the outside.
- Chrome racking in a fetchingly attractive scalloped design cradles the wine bottles securely.
- The vertical design is slim-fit to maximize space.
- With a built-in, adjustable thermostat, you can control as well as maintain the temperature range between 52°F and 64°F for this cooler to deliver just the right amount of coldness to keep your white and red wines as exquisite-tasting as they did in their vineyard habitats.
- The interior illumination from the LED lighting enables the wines to be visibly appreciated without creating any uneven heat distribution inside the cooler.
Store two bottles of 750ml capacity side-by-side on this Koldfront cooler model’s five shelves without any hassle.
- External dimensions measure 25½ inches (height) by 10 3/8 inches (width) by 21¼ inches (depth) while internal dimension measure 20¾ inches (height) by 6 7/8 inches (width) by 13 inches (depth).
- Automatic defrost system makes it easy to clean.
It has an internal fan for even air distribution.
Pros and Cons
- ETL Listing Mark-approved: assures customers that the Koldfront wine cooler model has been tested and has complied with the requirements of U.S. product safety standards.
Warranties: with one year warranty on parts and 90 days for labor.
- Thermoelectric technology: this Koldfront wine refrigerator model runs on thermoelectric technology which is energy efficient because it needs and consumes less power to operate.
- Vibration-free: you don’t get humming sounds when this Koldfront cooler is in operation because it’s vibration-free (vibrations can cause jostling of wine bottles which can affect their quality when they are opened).
- The label or tag that reads “made in China” makes potential customers have second thoughts about purchasing it.
- Temperature control’s location in the back can be inconvenient to access.
Should you by the Koldfront 12 Bottle Wine Cooler? Based on customer reviews, the majority of those who have already bought it were satisfied with their purchases. On the other hand, you should prioritize your own needs first before making a decision based primarily on what others have experienced.
As mentioned earlier, if your wine consumption is fairly limited to having it for meals, you should enjoy your wine every time you have it. That means well-chilled which translates to an efficient wine cooler like this particular Koldfront cooler model. You can always upgrade later on should you want a bigger cooler.
Koldfront 18 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler
Smart-looking and the perfect dispenser for properly chilled wines is what the Koldfront 18 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler is all about. Like all Koldfront products, you can be assured of durability, reliability, aesthetics, and a reasonable price tag with this particular model.
- Temperature display for dual zones to keep both white and red wines at their optimal best taste.
- Thermoelectric cooling is vibration-free to keep noise at bay.
- Glass door trimmed in stainless steel gives this Koldfront cooler a look that is undeniably stylish fit to compliment any décor.
- The cooler’s body is made from sturdy and durable stainless steel.
- Temperature range of the cooler’s top zone is between 54°F and 66°F and between 46°F and 66°F for the lower zone.
- With temperature adjustment push buttons for both top and lower zones.
- Light-emiting diode (LED) lighting is non-intrusive while illuminating wine bottles clearly for outside viewing.
- Removable shelves can be reconfigured to enable accommodation of taller and/or larger bottles (take note, however, that reconfigurations will decrease the bottle capacity).
- LCD temperature display’s control panel is centrally located for easy access.
- Installation is free standing.
- Design and style are reminiscent of the classic wine cellars of California.
- Dimensions are 25.33 inches (height) by 14 inches (width) by 22.25 inches (depth).
- Equipped with a safety lock feature for the security of wines.
Pros and Cons
- Dual temperature zones: this feature enables you to store different kinds of wine with their respective required temperatures because of the thermoelectric cooling this Koldfront model has.
- Design: this particular model is both stylish and functional and blends right into any kind of interior décor you might have.
- Materials: the door is made of tempered glass and trimmed in durable stainless steel.
- Vibration-free: you won’t hear any buzzing or humming sounds from this Koldfront model even when it’s full to the brim of your favorite wines. This means the content of your wines don’t experience any jostling inside to alter their taste when they are opened.
- Soft lightning: the light that illuminates your wine bottles is non-intrusive, meaning they don’t distribute heat to your wines that may alter their taste from the outside, this soft lighting allows you to see your wines clearly without affecting their taste.
- Lock feature: your can be assured of the safety of your wines because of the lock feature.
- Adjustable shelves: this Koldfront model can accommodate several bottles of varying heights because of its adjustable shelves; all you have to do is decide where and how you want your wine bottles arranged.
- Spacing: the shelves could use large spacing between them to store large and smaller bottles if they are arranged side by side.
- Shelf size: these can be somewhat small and slip out easily.
As mentioned, if you have regular guests who drop by or hang out in your home, the Koldfront 18 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler is suitable for you. This cooler can accommodate various wines that your guests may specifically go for so you can cater to each of their preferences.
Considering that the “pros” far outweigh the “cons” of this particular Koldfront model, give a thought to buying one for your home bar. The various features of this product are well worth investing in. You have everything you want in a wine cooler with the Koldfront Dual Zone Wine Cooler: affordable quality.
Koldfront 24 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler
Not that you’re operating a bar in your home, but if you entertainment guests more often than usual, you will need the Koldfront 24 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler to keep the various varieties of wines that you store for your dinners, lunches, home meetings, and similar occasions. Read through its numerous features and see if this particular wine cooler model is what you have been looking for.
- Thermoelectric cooling: this technology minimizes the cooler’s energy consumption, meaning your electricity bills don’t get jacked up. Thermoelectric cooling also maintains constant and consistent cold temperatures which a particular wine or bottle requires, ensuring that all the bottles in your cooler are getting their appropriate chilling needs.
- Tempered glass door: this prevents breakage or cracking, whether from the cold temperature or someone running into it accidentally. The stainless steel trimming is also a plus since it gives the cooler a distinctive visual appeal.
- Safety lock: this is your assurance that your children or strangers don’t have access to your wines.
- Dual temperature zones: top range is between 54°F and 66°F and lower range is between 46°F and 66°F to ensure that there is even distribution of coolness for all the wines on all shelves, each according to the standard temperature is should have.
- Control panel: the LCD screen on the control panel enables you to see the temperature for the dual zones very clearly so you know if you need to adjust the temperatures.
- Vibration-free: you can be assured of a vibration-free cooler that doesn’t emit any buzzing or humming sounds while it operates.
- Design: with its sleek, streamlined design, the Koldfront 24 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler has a place anywhere in your home as a nice touch to a room and a compliment for your interior décor.
- Dimensions: this particular Koldfront model measures 33.5 inches (height) by 14 inches (width) by 22.25 inches (depth), perfect under the counter or as a free standing appliance.
- Price: for the number of features it has, this Koldfront model is very affordable.
Pros and Cons
- Storage capacity: you can store up to 24 different kinds of wines with bottles of the same height or do some reconfiguration of the shelves to accommodate several bottles of varying heights or widths.
- Temperature zones: these two zones assure you that your wines get the exact temperature of coldness each one of them requires for them to retain the same taste they were intended to have.
- Technology: the Koldfront 24 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler uses thermoelectric cooling which maintains not only a consistent cooling environment but even distribution of it without consuming more power that results in increased electricity bills for your household.
- Lighting: a blue LED lighting fixture is built-in on the top temperature zone to softly illuminate the contents of the cooler. Along with the door’s tempered glass, this blue light gives you the best visibility to view your wines from as they get cold.
- Shelves: some bottles which have wider diameters like champagne may have difficulty being fitted on the shelves alongside wines in standard sized-bottles.
- Racks: pulling the bottles out will have to be done cautiously as rough handling can pull out the whole rack. This is probably dues to the wood in the back of each rack which is supposed to protect the racks.
As mentioned earlier, this Koldfront 24 bottle wine cooler is perfect for households that do a lot of entertaining with a large number of guests. Do the math and consider the reasonable price tag as commensurate to the numerous features it has.
If you entertain guests only occasionally, or entertain for just a few people on certain weekends or holidays, you might want the smaller capacity Koldfront models.
The one important thing you can be assured of is that you are getting quality, durability, efficiency, and reliability with any Koldfront wine refrigerator you buy. If this one doesn’t suit your needs, the Haier wine cooler is also a great choice.